A review of analytical techniques for determination of metformin: present and perspectives
Metformin is an oral anti-diabetic drug in preventing complications of type 2 diabetes and it is a good first-line therapy for an over-obese with type 2 diabetes, it is currently available in more than 60 countries worldwide. As a result of the importance of this oral hypoglycaemic agent in the treatment of non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus, which leads to end-stage renal disease, this work aims to compile the published analytical methods reported so far in the literature for the determination in biological samples and pharmaceutical formulations. This article narrates different techniques like high-performance liquid chromatography. It can be seen that high-performance liquid chromatography methods have been used extensively. Thus, this paper will help in the selection and development of proper analytical methodologies estimation of Metformin to achieve satisfactory results.
2. Konatham Teja Kumar Reddy, & M. Akiful Haque. (2022). Develop and validate a highly sensitive method for the estimation of Molnupiravir in rat plasma by high-performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectroscopy and its application to pharmacokinetic studies. Journal of Pharmaceutical Negative Results, 28–34. https://doi.org/10.47750/pnr.2022.13.S01.0
3. Konatham Teja Kumar Reddy, Penke Vijaya Babu, Rajinikanth Sagapola, & Peta Sudhakar. (2022). A REVIEW OF ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IN TREATMENT OF COVID-19. Journal of Pharmaceutical Negative Results, 254–264. https://doi.org/10.47750/pnr.2022.13.S01.31
4. Konatham Teja Kumar Reddy, Kumaraswamy Gandla, Penke Vijaya Babu, M Vinay Kumar Chakravarthy, Pavuluri Chandrasekhar, & Rajinikanth Sagapola. (2022). A CRITICAL REVIEW ON BIOANALYTICAL METHOD DEVELOPMENT AND VALIDATION OF FEW ONCOLOGY DRUGS BY USING LC-MS-MS. Journal of Pharmaceutical Negative Results, 16–27. https://doi.org/10.47750/pnr.2022.13.S01.03
5. Singh, A., Srinivasan, A.K., Chakrapani, L.N. and Kalaiselvi, P., 2019. LOX-1, the common therapeutic target in hypercholesterolemia: a new perspective of antiatherosclerotic action of aegeline. Oxidative medicine and cellular longevity, 2019.
6. Singh, A., Kumar, A. and Kalaiselvi, P., 2018. Aegeline, targets LOX1, the receptor for oxidized LDL to mitigate hypercholesterolemia: a new perspective in its anti-atherosclerotic action. Free Radical Biology and Medicine, 128, p.S41.
7. Reddy, K. T. K., & Haque, M. A. (2022). Bioanalytical method development and validation of atrasentan in human plasma using verapamil as internal standard by liquid chromatography coupled with tandem mass spectrometry. International Journal of Health Sciences, 6(S8), 625–638. https://doi.org/10.53730/ijhs.v6nS8.10470
8. Konatham Teja Kumar Reddy et.al High Performance Liquid Chromatography for The Simultaneous Estimation of Anti-Ulcer Drugs in Pharmaceutical Dosage Form, journal of Positive School Psychology, Vol. 6, No. 9, 4524-452
9. Singh, A., Gowtham, S., Chakrapani, L.N., Ashokkumar, S., Kumar, S.K., Prema, V., Bhavani, R.D., Mohan, T. and Sathyamoorthy, Y.K., 2018. Aegeline vs Statin in the treatment of Hypercholesterolemia: A comprehensive study in rat model of liver steatosis. Functional Foods in Health and Disease, 8(1), pp.1-16.
10. Reddy KTK, Haque MA. Development and Validation of a High Throughput Lc-Ms/MS Method for Quantitation of Ipilimumab in Human Plasma. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance. 2022;13(3):303-307
11. Teja Kumar Reddy Konatham, M. Anuradha (2020), a stability indicating method development and validation of Telmisartan and Nifedipine in pure form using RP-HPLC. International Journal of Pharmaceutical, Biological and Chemical Sciences, 9(3): 36-44
12. Singh, A., Kumar, A. and Kalaiselvi, P., 2018. Aegeline, targets LOX1, the receptor for oxidized LDL to mitigate hypercholesterolemia: a new perspective in its anti-atherosclerotic action. Free Radical Biology and Medicine, 128, p.S41.
14. Teja Kumar Reddy Konatham, Satyanarayana Reddy K., Anuradha Manipogo,a Review on viruses that originated from china; Sars, mers and covid-19 World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, Vol 9, Issue 5, 2020, 2010-2015.
15. Teja Kumar Reddy Konatham et al, A Systematic Review on Method Development andValidation of Few Antiviral Drugs by Using RP-HPLC.Ijppr.Human, 2021; Vol. 21 (3): 651-661.
16. Singh, A., 2022. Role of microbial metabolites in cardiovascular and human health. In Microbiome, Immunity, Digestive Health and Nutrition (pp. 137-148). Academic Press.
17. Konatham Teja Kumar Reddy and Kumaraswamy Gandla. Novel Vesicular Drug Delivery Systems Proniosomes. Pharm Res 2022, 6(3): 000272.
18. Yelampalli SR, Gandla K, Reddy KT, Ibrahim AE, El Deeb S. Determination of Sodium, Potassium, and Magnesium as Sulfate Salts in Oral Preparations Using Ion Chromatography and Conductivity Detection. Separations. 2023 Feb 1;10(2):99.
19. Deepti, A., & Sahithi, A. (20Sensitiveitive bioanalytical method development and validation of afatinib in human plasma by LC-ESI-MS/MS. International Journal of Health Sciences, 6(S5), 1736– 1384. https://doi.org/10.53730/ijhs.v6nS5.9522
20. Kumar, K. P., Marathakam, A., Patnaik, S., Kumar, S., Sahithi, A., Priya, D. K. S., & Dogra, P. (2022). An insight of development and validation of bioanalytical method in the reference of anticancer drugs by using LC-MS/MS. International Journal of Health Sciences, 6(S3), 6349–6361. https://doi.org/10.53730/ijhs.v6nS3.7454
21. Sahithi et al., Stability indicating reverse-phase high-performance liquid chromatography method development and validation of imatinib, International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews, Vol 7, Issue 3, 322-333, September 2020. DOI: 10.20959/wjpr20178-9069
22. Sahithi et al., Alapati Sahithi, B.Parijatha, D.Santhoshi Priya, Krishna Mohan Chinnala, Method Development and validation of Metformin by using RP-HPLC, World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, 2277-7105, 6(8); August, 2017. DOI: 10.20959/wjpr20178-9069
23. K. Prashanthi*,E.Mounika,A. Sahithi, A. Chaitanya, C. Krishna MohanMethod Development and Validation for Determination of Dihydroergotamine in Dihydroergotamine Mesylate Nasal Spray Bidose by RP-HPLC, Journal of Xidian University (Scopus), 1001-2004, 16(4) Apr 22. Doi.org/10.37896/jxu16.4/042 ISSN No:1001-2400
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.