In -vitro pharmacological evaluation of ethanolic and hydroalcholic extracts of ocimum kilimandscharicum linn.leaves
According to the Ayurveda, plants have been used for the treatment of so many diseases. Herbal drugs are easily available and have fewer side effects. So, many people are attracted towards the herbal drugs. Ocimum kilimandscharicum is one of a few types of basil that is perennial. It is a well-known plant in the Indian traditional system of medicine. The genus of Ocimum belongs to the family Labiatae and one of the most popular culinary herbs known for its medicinal properties. In this present study ethanolic, hydro alcoholic extract of Ocimum kilimandscharicum Linn was studied for Anti-coagulation activity using in-vitro model. The study revealed that different concentrations of the extract exhibited significant Anti-coagulation activity in a dose dependent manner at a concentration of 400mg/ml respectively and well compared with standard drug. Thus, it could that due to the presence of chemical constituents present in the extracts have well prospective for the management of Coagulation. This Knowledge will be useful in finding more potent above activity from the natural resources for the clinical development of activities and therapeutics.
2. Tulp M and Bohlin L. Unconventional natural sources for future drug discovery. 3. Drug Discover, 2004; 9: 450–458.
3. Sato N. Roles of the acidic lipids sulfoquinovosyldiacylglycerol and phosphatidyl-glycerol in photosynthesis their specificity and evolution. J. PlantRes, 2004; 117: 495–505.
4. Willet WC. Diet and health what should we eat. Science, 1994; 264: 32-37.
5. EJ, Virtanen SM, Rasanen L, Tuomilehto J, Stengard J, Pekkanen J, Nissinen A, Kromhout
6. D. Dietary factors determining diabetes and impaired glucose tolerance. A 20-year follow-up of the Finnish and Dutch cohorts of the Seven Countries Study. Diabetes Care, 1995; (18): 1104–12.
7. Joy P P, Thomas J, Mathew S., Skaria BP. Indigenous less-known essential oils - A perspective.
8. PAFAI Journal, 1998; 20:13-20.
9. Srivatsava A. Areview on peppermint oil. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research, 2009; 2: 27-33.
10. Singh, A., Srinivasan, A.K., Chakrapani, L.N. and Kalaiselvi, P., 2019. LOX-1, the common therapeutic target in hypercholesterolemia: a new perspective of antiatherosclerotic action of aegeline. Oxidative medicine and cellular longevity, 2019.
11. Carlo, G.D., Mascolo, N., Izzo, A.A., Capasso, F. Flavonoids old and new aspects of a class of natural therapeutic drugs. Life Science, 1999; 65: 3-37.
12. Sumit Narwal. Review on Chemical Constituents & Pharmacological Action of Ocimum kilimandscharicum. Indo Global Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2011; 1(4): 287-293.
13. Gill Dolly. Ocimum kilimandscharicum a systematic review. Journal of Drug Delivery & Therapeutics, 2012; 2(3): 45-52.
14. Singh, A., Gowtham, S., Chakrapani, L.N., Ashokkumar, S., Kumar, S.K., Prema, V., Bhavani, R.D., Mohan, T. and Sathyamoorthy, Y.K., 2018. Aegeline vs Statin in the treatment of Hypercholesterolemia: A comprehensive study in rat model of liver steatosis. Functional Foods in Health and Disease, 8(1), pp.1-16.
15. Thayil Seema M. Methanol and Aqueous Extracts of Ocimum kilimandscharicum (Karpuratulasi) Inhibits HIV-1 Reverse Transcriptase in Vitro. International Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemical Research, 2016; 8(7): 1099-1103.
16. Londhe A. M. In-Vitro Comparative Study of Antibacterial and Antifungal Activities A Case Study of Ocimum kilimandscharicum, Ocimum tenuiflorum and Ocimum gratissimum. International Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemical Research, 2015; 7(1): 104-110.
17. R. S. A. Sorna Kumar. Formulation of simple syrup from Acorus calamus and Ocimum kilimandscharicum based on their antioxidant and antimicrobial activity. Scholars Research Library Der Pharmacia Letter, 2016; 8 (20): 75-78.
18. Sweet. Journal of Pharmacy Research, 2009; 2(4): 644-645.
19. Singh, A., Kumar, A. and Kalaiselvi, P., 2018. Aegeline, targets LOX1, the receptor for oxidized LDL to mitigate hypercholesterolemia: a new perspective in its anti-atherosclerotic action. Free Radical Biology and Medicine, 128, p.S41.
20. Thanigavelan Vembu. In vitro Anticoagulant Activity of Siddha Sastric Formulation Linga Mathirai compared with Low Molecular Weight Heparin. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science, 2016; Vol. 6 (06): pp 061-065.
21. Imadeldin M Taj Eldin. An In vitro anticoagulant effect of Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum) in blood samples of normal Sudanese individuals. Sudanese journal of paediatrics, 2011; Vol 13, Issue No. 2: pp 52-56.
22. Anslem O. Ajugwo. In Vitro Studies of Anticoagulation Activity of Pentaclethra Macrophylla. World Journal of Nutrition and Health, 2013; Vol. 1, No. 1: pp10-12.
23. Narjis Hadi Mansoor Al-Saadi. In vitro study of the anticoagulant activity of some plant extracts. Dian journal of applied research, 2013; Volume 3 Issue 7: 121-122.
24. Ojha S. N. In vitro and in vivo anticoagulant activity of imperata cylindrica a novel anticoagulant lead from natural origin. Phcog.Net | www.phcogj.com, January 2010; Vol 2 Issue 5: pp38-43.
25. Taj Eldin. An In vitro Anticoagulant Effect of Aqueous Extract of Ginger (Zingiber officinale) Rhizomes in Blood Samples of Normal Individuals. American Journal of Research Communication, 2016; Vol 4(1): pp113-121.
26. Ahmet Topala. The in vitro and in vivo effects of chlorpyrifosn acetylcholinesterase activity of rainbow trout brain. Journal of Applied Animal Research, 2015; Vol 44 No. 1: 243–247.
27. https://www.google.co.in/search?q=ocimumkilimandscharicum+plant+profile&tbm=isch &tbs=rimg:CXDjqy7yy7VaIjgIKVxtqhmVaxEebCWJ8byTo7
28. T. J. T. Josna, N. R. N. Rajesh, K. N. S. K. Naga Sindhura, K. H. R. K. Hema Ravali, N. U. J. N. Uma Jyothi, and V. N. G, “incidence and prevalence of various psychiatric disorders in psychiatric department of teaching based hospital ongole: a prospective observational study”, Int J Indig Herb Drug, pp. 11-24, Aug. 2020.
30. Sumit Narwal. Review on Chemical Constituents & Pharmacological Action of Ocimum kilimandscharicum. Indo Global Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2011; 1(4): 287-293.
31. Roli agrawal. Traditional Uses and Pharmacological Action of Ocimum Kilimandscharicum a Review. Journal of ultra-chemistry, 2017; Vol 13(6): 140-144.
32. Aiyegoro OA, OKoh AI. Preliminary phytochemical screening and in vitro antioxidant activities of the aqueous extract of Helichrysum longiifolium. DC, BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2010; pp.1-8.
33. Vasantha, V., L. jimmystevenjoshi, and G. Venkata Nagaraju. “PATTERN OF RESPIRATORY DISEASES REPORTING TO THE TERTIARY CARE HOSPITAL AT KAKINADA, ANDHRA PRADESH: PROSPECTIVE OBSERVATION STUDY”. World Journal of Current Medical and Pharmaceutical Research, Vol. 1, no. 1, Jan. 2020, pp. 46-49, https://www.wjcmpr.com/index.php/journal/article/view/10.
34. Samuel Lallianrawna. Determination of total phenolic content total flavonoid content and total antioxidant capacity of Ageratina adenophora. Science Vision www.sciencevision.org, 2013; pp 150-156.
35. Nagaraju, G., & Pavan Kumar, G. (2018). AN EXTENDED REVIEW AND SUMMARY ON FACTS ABOUT ETIOLOGY EPIDEMIOLOGY CLINICAL DIAGNOSIS AND MANAGEMENT OF SCRUB TYPHUS INFECTION. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research and Development, 6(5), 51-55. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.22270/ajprd.v6i5.404
36. Priyanka. evaluation of anti-oxidant activity of ethanolic root extract of albizia lebbeck benth Evaluation of antioxidant activity of ethanolic root extract of albizia lebbeck benth. International Research Journal of Pharmaceutical and Applied Sciences (IRJPAS), 2013; 3(2): 93-101.
37. Amoolya Sree. In vitro Anti-Arthritic Activity of the Polyhedral Formulation –
38. Balapunarnavadi Choornam. Pharm. Sci. & Res, 2017; Vol. 9(8): pp 1281-1282.
39. Singh, A., 2022. Role of microbial metabolites in cardiovascular and human health. In Microbiome, Immunity, Digestive Health and Nutrition (pp. 137-148). Academic Press.
40. Habibur Rahman. In-vitro Anti-inflammatory and Anti-arthritic Activity of Oryza sativa Var Joha Rice (An Aromatic Indigenous Rice of Assam). Am-Euras. J. Agric. & Environ. Sci, 2015; 15 (1): pp115-121.
41. T. J. T. Josna, S. R. SK. Rizwana, and G. G.V.Nagaraju, “CASE STUDY ON DEPRESSION”, Int J Indig Herb Drug, pp. 1-3, Aug. 2019.
42. Prasanta Dey. Evaluation of in-vitro anticoagulant activity of Molineria recurpata leaf extract. J. Nat. Prod. Plant Resour, 2012; 2 (6): 685-688.
43. Konda RK. Brief description of Clinical Case study formats: a basic review. Journal of Case Studies and Case Reports. 2022 Apr 30:24-6.
44. Singh, A., 2022. Hyperlipidemia in cardiovascular health and digestion. In Nutrition and Functional Foods in Boosting Digestion, Metabolism and Immune Health (pp. 141-150). Academic Press.
45. Srikumar BN. assay of acetyl cholinesterase activity in the brain. National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences, 2004; 142-144.
46. Health and Neuro Sciences, 2004; 142-144.
48. Roh, J., Hill, J.A., Singh, A.,Valero-Muñoz, M. and Sam, F., 2022. Heart failure with preserved ejection fraction: heterogeneous syndrome, diverse preclinical models. Circulation Research, 130(12), pp.1906-1925.
49. YL Chee, Coagulation, Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh, 2014; 44:42–5
50. https://www.cancerclot.info/blood-clots-and-cancer/how-blood-clots-go-from-goo d-to-bad
51. Shiv Chandra Singh, A., Yu, A., Chang, B., Li, H., Rosenzweig, A. and Roh, J.D., 2021. Exercise Training Attenuates Activin Type II Receptor Signaling in the Aged Heart. Circulation, 144(Suppl_1), pp.A14259-A14259.
53. Boini, K.M., singh, A. and Koka, S.S., 2021. Gut Microbial Metabolite Trimethylamine N-oxide Enhances Endoplasmic Reticular Stress and Promotes Endothelial Dysfunction. Circulation, 144(Suppl_1), pp.A14071-A14071.
54. https://www.google.com/search?biw=1366&bih=613&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=yjXUWoC7M IvevgTjpIfwAQ&q=neurodegenrative+causes&oq=neurodegenrative+causes
55. Pasula, S., S. Z. Humaira Hussaini, And N. Gv. “Case Study On Ifosmadide-Induced Cystitis”. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research, vol. 13, no. 8, Aug. 2020, pp. 1-2, doi:10.22159/ajpcr.2020.v13i8.38040.
56. Lauren Reed-Guy. Brain Disorders. Health line, September 18, 2017; https://www.cancerclot.info/blood-clots-and-cancer/how-blood-clots-go-from-goo d-to-bad
57. ackwestin.com/resources/mcat-content/ circulatory-system/coagulation-clotting-mechanism
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.