A review study on the anti depressant and anti oxidant activities of pisidum guajava and allium sativum
When stress affects the body it interferes with physiological functions of the body and other normal functions such as physical and emotional behaviors of the individual and this is associated with the cause of depression, anxiety mental disorders. Here comes the cause of irrational responses of the body system. The different forms of irrational response are the symptoms for depression. Severe depression with significant effect on day to day life is considered as disability. There are so many synthetic medicines that are used to treat depressions they are playing a prominent role in this civilized world with so many adverse effects, in the other hand natural/ herbal medicines are also playing a crucial role with minimum to zero side effects.One of the main causes of depression is oxidative stress, which is a type of imbalance between the production of reactive oxygen species and the anti-oxidant defensive system.
2. medicinal herbs and phytochemicals used in the treatment of depression: a review doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.22159/ajpcr.2019.v12i5.32708.
3. The effect of most important medicinal plants on two importantpsychiatric disorders (anxiety and depression)-a review Asian Pac J Trop Med 2014; 7(Suppl 1): S34-S42
4. Evaluation of antidepressant effect of aqueous extract of Psidiumguajavaleaves on Wistar albino rats DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.18203/2319-2003.ijbcp20190148.
5. Phytochemical Screening and Proximate Analysis of Garlic (Allium Sativum).ISSN: 2637-4609DOI: 10.32474/AOICS.2019.04.000180.
6. Phytochemical Biochemical and Antimicrobial Activty of PsidiumGuajavaLeaf ExtractPharm. Sci. & Res. Vol. 9(12), 2017, 2431-2433
7. Pathophysiology of depression and mechanisms of treatment doi: 10.31887/DCNS.2002.4.1/bbondyPMCID: PMC3181668 2002 Mar; 4(1): 7–20.
8. Chemical Constituents and Pharmacological Activities of Garlic (Allium sativum L.): A Review 2020 Mar; 12(3): 872. 2020 Mar 24. doi: 10.3390/nu12030872PMC7146530
9. Guava (Psidiumguajava L.) Leaves: Nutritional Composition, Phytochemical Profile, and Health-Promoting Bioactivities doi: 10.3390/foods100407522021 Apr; 10(4): 752.
10. Physicochemical and phytochemical studies of Psidium guajaval. nt. J. Res. Ayurveda Pharm. 8(1), Jan – Feb 2017.
11. Garlic and Other Alliums: The Lore and the Science. Royal Society of Chemistry. ISBN 978-0-85404-190-9.Block, Eric (2010). Garlic and Other Alliums: The Lore and the Science. Royal Society of Chemistry. ISBN: 978-0-85404-190-9.
12. Judd, WS; Campbell, CS; Kellogg, EA; Stevens, PF; Donoghue, MJ (2002). Plant systematics, a phylogenetic approach. Sinauer Associates, Inc. pp. 398-399. ISBN: 0878934030.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Copyright © Author(s) retain the copyright of this article.